Tasmania is home to lifestyle cities and picturesque landscapes. It is also home to TasNetworks - an electricity networks business delivering power to our beautiful state.
We supply power to more than 250,000 homes and businesses around Tasmania through a network of transmission towers, substations and distribution powerlines.
• Build, maintain and operate the network
• Establish new connections
• Respond to, and repair, outages and faults
• Read customers’ meters
• Provide education, advice and information about electrical safety
• Deliver nationally accredited training to lineworker apprentices, contractors and sub-contractors, local councils and civil construction organisations
• Own and operate a telecommunications business that serves customers in the electricity industry and other industries
We employ about 1000 people across a variety of technical, operational and administrative roles. Our largest offices are in Hobart, Cambridge, Mornington, Launceston and Devonport, but we have operational sites all over Tasmania.