The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) is the national professional body responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics on the Australian vocational education and training (VET) sector.
NCVER's areas of activity:
- Undertaking a strategic program of education and training research, including the collection and analysis of national VET statistics and survey data and the analytical program of the Longitudinal Surveys of Australian Youth (LSAY).
- Collecting and publishing research findings on VET and higher education from across the world through the VOCEDplus research database.
- Disseminating the results of research and data analysis.
- Building links with similar international organisations to foster comparative analysis and collaborate on issues of mutual interest.
- Providing a professional research, analysis and evaluation consulting service across Australia and internationally.
We measure success by:
- the use, relevance and overall impact of its research and statistics
- accessibility of its information
- responsiveness to governments, the VET sector, industry and the community.