Working at USfalcon is about providing exceptional professional services to the DoD and various Federal Agencies. We have been excelling in diverse platforms for almost 30 years and continue to be an industry leader. If you thrive in an organization that values integrity, commitment, stewardship, and service, we want to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in supporting one of our valued customers as a Data Analyst to work out of Washington, DC within the Navy Yard.
- Work across cross-functional internal and external teams to implement Big Data and analytics capabilities within a target enterprise data platform following an agile lifecycle framework.
- Provide delivery support and develop client ready-deliverables related to requirement specifications, design, data analysis, data validation, and data pipeline architecture.
- Bridge the gap between technical data manipulation needs and business processes by assessing, capturing, and translating complex business logic and requirements.
- Conduct data analysis to identify the root cause of data discrepancies that lead to logic and data transformation updates required in ETL. Perform data analysis and generate insights using SQL, Excel, or a data wrangling tool such as Alteryx.
- Support quality assurance and testing efforts by creating test plans, test cases, and repeatable SQL scripts in order to validate data processing pipelines.
- Understand complex financial data and processes to define reporting and dashboard requirements that support financial analysis, financial reporting, and financial audit response needs.
- Identify and effectively communicate work plans, risks, and issues to the project manager and team.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of data analytics experience in the relating field
- The ideal candidate has Alteryx experience, but evidence of self-application to learning new tools will satisfy the requirement.
- Must be attentive to details and dependable to remain effective and efficient when managing their own workload.
- A self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills to successfully producing accurate and polished client deliverables.
- Work independently and with team members as appropriate to complete assigned activities and deliver outputs within sprint-based segments.
- Prior experience involving DoD financial management or accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehousing best practices and principles including but not limited to ETL and/or EII tools, database architecture, and SDLC methodologies.
- Strong proficiency in SQL to produce complex, ad-hoc queries.
- Experience with financial and accounting data/reports desired.
- Hands-on experience with requirements development and testing, including creating requirements documents, business rules, and test cases and scripts.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills; Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Polished communicator and able to lead client facing meetings in person, over the phone, or compose official written communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university