The Institute of Data's - Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) programs are life-changing educational experiences where students graduate with the skills and mind set to take on new careers in a wide variety of Data Science & AI roles. Students at the Institute are passionate about data science, often career changers who are working full time in a similar or unrelated field.
The Institute is looking for Lead Trainers to lead this transformative experience. Part time and full time roles available for the right candidates.
Why be a trainer for the Data Science & AI course?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Hone your own leadership and management skills by becoming part of the team
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven beginners and leave as empowered data analysts and scientists.
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep and broad curriculum
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course.
- As a member of the trainer team, you will not only impact the careers of your own students who are mostly changing careers, but you’ll also have a unique opportunity to shape the potential of students.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have previous data science or engineering teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
- You are eager to join a fast-growing education business.
- You have at least 3 years of professional data science experience.
- You are an expert in SQL, Python, and related Python libraries (pandas, numpy).
- You have domain expertise in statistics, mathematics, and probability.
- You can build and apply statistical models in python using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn and statsmodels.
- You have a deep understanding of statistical hypothesis testing and experimental design, data visualization techniques and tools (i.e. matplotlib, bokeh, etc), and manipulation of large data sets.
- You can demonstrate and explain the function of machine learning algorithms such as regularized regression, naive bayes, decision trees, ensemble methods, KNN, K-means clustering, and neural networks.
- You are the person your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
Nice to have:
- You have proficiency with python libraries such as NLTK; Hadoop or Apache Spark; D3.js or R.
- You are on top of industry trends in big data, machine learning, deep learning, and AI.
- Management and/or director experience in a small business or team
- Relevant data professional certification.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with directors with the planning and implementation of the Data Science and AI program
- Deliver instructions up between 15 to 40 hours per week, including teaching, advising, and content development.
- Work closely with your instructional team to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Collaborate alongside staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
- Contribute to the material and direction of an expanding curriculum, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge and effective for students.