Feb 14, 2020
Back End Software Engineer
ViSenze is one of the fastest growing A.I. start-ups and a leader in the development and adoption of image recognition technology. To help us build upon our success, we are seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer to play a pivotal role in driving excellence and best practices for the Quality Assurance (QA) function in ViSenze, with a specialty in building frameworks and solutions to support automated tests for web, API and mobile applications.
The position reports to the QA Lead and will work in close conjunction with various Engineering and Product Teams.
- Design, code and implement automated frameworks and tests for web, API and mobile applications
- Be responsible for identifying bugs and communicating their business impact to facilitate decision-making by Product Management and Engineering.
- Be hands-on and perform functional and UI testing of features for release cycles, including creating/executing test cases, raising/tracking defects.
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
- Evangelize and promote a test-driven development cycle that incorporates QA and testing as an integral part of the planning and development process, to maintain the highest level of software quality.
- Define strategy and roadmap for automation frameworks and tools to improve quality of deliverables and efficiency in the development release cycles.
- Define QA Metrics and analyse the trends for corrective actions.
- Refine and implement QA processes, standards and controls.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in Testing and Test Automation roles.
- Strong experience in testing Web, API and mobile.
- Deep hands-on and proven experience in Selenium Test Automation tool/framework.
- Working knowledge of other test automation tools such as Cucumber, SoapUI & LoadUI.
- Managed multiple project experiences in both functional and non-functional testing.
- Strong knowledge of tools used for test, build and release process like JUnit, TestNG, Git, Maven, Jenkins, and Jira, Docker, Vagrant.
- Good experience in using performance test tools (such as HP Performance Centre / WebLoad / Apache Jmeter).
- Good experience with Git source control skills.
- Good experience with Continuous Integration tools and processes.
Awesome to have
- Attention to detail – ability to uncover details and think through undocumented use cases that can break the system.
- Passionate about technology, enjoys a technical challenge, and programs for fun.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills.
ViSenze powers visual commerce at scale with deep learning and computer vision. Used by the world's biggest retailers like Uniqlo and ASOS, ViSenze simplifies the way shoppers search and discover products; converting images into engagement opportunities, and making content shoppable. Today, ViSenze is acknowledged amongst top global AI startups by Interbrand, CognitionX, CBInsights, A100, VentureBeat, Datamation, eMarketer, and Forrester. The company has raised over USD34 million in funding to date from marque investors including Rakuten.
Ranked as top 10 tech companies in 2019 by Glassdoor in Singapore and an award winner of The Best Tech Company to Work For 2019, ViSenze offers a rare opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced, multi-cultural environment and be part of a truly exciting journey of a pioneering A.I. company.
Visenze is also one of the founding AWS Global Retail Competency partners.