We are a business who is crazy about customers. We use disruptive thinking every day to ensure that we are capturing every opportunity to deliver the ultimate experience to our customers and people. We empower our people to Do it. Own it. Love it and that’s why they choose to work for us. Here, it’s never just a job – We care about what we do and the impact we have, and that’s what connects us.
What’s the opportunity?
To provide oversight, coordination, and management of all day-to-day aspects of Vocus’ IT Networks and Security Operations to ensure the availability, quality and improve the security posture of Vocus’ systems & infrastructure, including Vocus’ IT networks, operating platforms, and all associated servers and hardware. Analyse, review, and raise security assessment concerns. Help enforce best security practice from industry defined standards. Build strong relationships and maintain with supporting colleagues/team members
What you’ll be doing in the role:
- Establishing service level agreements for IT Networks & Security Operations and implementing programs to achieve objectives.
- Monitoring IT Networks & Security Operations performance against service level agreements and presenting associated performance reports to Senior Management.
- Managing and coordinating IT Networks & Security Operations staff, including workload management, task allocation and professional development.
- Ensuring seamless communication/escalation procedures are established and maintained between IT Networks & Security Operations and the relevant technical teams.
- Performs security monitoring, security and data/log analysis, and forensic analysis, to detect security incidents and mounts an incident response.
- Investigate and utilise new technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities and implement improvements.
- Provide trusted security mentoring to development and systems delivery teams
- Create new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization and encryption solutions
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Supervise changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs
- Collaborate on the definition, implement and maintenance of corporate security policies
- Analyse and advise on new security technologies and program conformance
- Recommend modifications in legal, technical, and regulatory areas that affect IT security
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses, and security assessments
- Proactively conduct hands-on security assessments on systems and infrastructure equipment, identify security vulnerability/weaknesses, evaluate countermeasures, and recommend best security practices to mitigate the vulnerabilities.
- Review the results and recommend effective remediation of a vulnerability scan, penetration test, and compliance reports.
- Participate and recommend security controls for IT and Systems related projects.
- Be a champion of effective security best practices and promote their acceptance, adoption, and socialisation
- Participate in the information security incident management process
- Develop and maintain regular information security reports for managers and team.
- Review and test (if required) security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
- Ensuring escalation procedures for the IT Networks & Security Operations team are communicated and followed.
- Fostering and implementing process improvement methodologies to continually enhance IT Networks & Security Operations performance.
- Collaborate and work effectively with other teams
- Other IT Networks & Security Operations tasks as directed
What you will need to be successful in a team like this:
- Understanding of secure systems and network architectures
- Knowledge of Identity and access management principles
- Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP, and other network routing methods skills
- Advanced knowledge of network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.)
- Proficient in Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), phishing and social engineering, network access controllers (NAC), gateway anti-malware and enhanced authentication
- Complex problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral and communication skills
- › Passionate about information security with a strong commitment to continuously improve user experience outcomes
- Experienced in vulnerability scanning, security monitoring, threat intelligence and security analytics tools such as Rapid 7, Nipper etc.
- Infrastructure Security Hardening (Systems & Infrastructure) based on Industry Best Practices
- Systems Security Experience, Strong understanding of operations systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.) and communication protocols running on various layers of the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) stack.)
- Understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. Knowledge of Local Area Networks, TCP/IP, IPSEC and high-level communication protocols
- Strong Understanding of Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
In return Vocus commit to a fast paced and fun workplace that is committed to career development opportunities within the company nationally and across different areas.
We have the best employee benefits such as Internet discounts, the ability to purchase leave, anniversary leave, awesome parental leave benefits. Best of all we believe in flexibility and fitting your job into your life - Vocus is quite simply just a great place to work!
It’s a seriously exciting time to join Vocus and there’s even more to come. If you think you want to join us and be part of something great, do it and apply now!