Our client is looking to secure a seasoned Cyber Security Engineer to drive and deliver security solutions across their business. This 6-month contract will see you recommend, build, improve, and maintain their security solutions, working with the Senior IT staff and other key departments to recognize threats and weaknesses.
In this newly created role, the Security Engineer will take an active role in the evaluation and execution of the IT security solutions and integrations, while collaborating closely with both internal and external partners. Your subject matter expertise and your excellent communication skills will help you convey your thoughts and ideas to evangelize these capabilities across multiple teams.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the investigation of security incidents as required and recommend corrective actions and process improvements.
- Evaluate and implement a SIEM solution.
- Evaluate and implement a Vulnerability Management Program.
- Develop an updated Endpoint Security Detection and Response capability.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement a Privileged Account Management (PAM) tool.
- Integrate existing automation, security operations, and monitoring systems.
- Mentor others in the information security and infrastructure teams with security best practices.
- Build, configure, deploy, troubleshoot, and support security systems as per established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines. Implement technical solutions to meet contracted industry standards and audit reports (e.g. ISO 27001, etc.)
We are seeking people who are passionate about security and who have experience in developing, and implementing technical security solutions. This hands-on position also requires strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of technology solutions comply with the organisation's information risk and security policies, and regulatory obligations.
Other key skills:
- Hands-on experience in implementing, managing, and monitoring security tools and technologies.
- Experience in analysing security systems and finding cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems.
- 5+ years of hands-on and progressive information security design and implementation experience in a security engineering role preferred.
- Experienced in managing and deploying SIEM and endpoint protection technologies.
- Advanced experience with Vulnerability Management solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of PAM solutions, Active Directory and various SSO technologies. Secure password manager experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Azure and Office365 security controls including their design and deployment.
- Experience with Nessus would be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to capture requirements with efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with managers, subject matter experts, and development teams.
- Excellent organizational skills.