Nov 30, 2020
Sydney NSW, Australia
This is a long term contract role with a competitive day rate on offer for the right person.
We are working with one of the fastest-growing Big Data & Analytics teams in Australia and they are now looking for a Technical Lead to stand up a Data Analytics platform
to support a team of analysts and scientists to do various data mining and analysis tasks for their customer personalisation initiatives. What you will be doing
- Lead the build of their Data Engineering capability on Google Cloud Platform and Azure.
- Provide guidance/mentorship of developers at all levels.
- Review the technical landscape and gain an in-depth understanding of architecture, tech stack, deficiencies, technical debt, opportunities.
- Make strategic recommendations for future development, including system robustness, performance improvements, servicing of technical debt, whilst balancing best practice solution design and incorporation of new product features.
- Prepare technical solution designs for new technical functionality and system remediation, for both customer-facing (e-commerce) and on-demand logistics applications.
- Ensure documentation of existing architecture, applications, and processes are in place and maintained.
- Python / Spark / PySpark
- Google Cloud Platform and related products
- Azure platform and related products
- NoSQL technologies
- Data schemas and design
- Modern software design practices
- Modern development toolchains
- CI/CD development/deployment practices
- Secure coding best practices
- Strong development testing knowledge
The ideal candidate will have great experience in building Data Engineering capability to power Data Science and Machine Learning initiatives, building CI/CD pipelines, strong with Azure first and then GCP, Technically familiar with Python/Spark/Scala, and be able to translate business aspirations to technical implementations.