Nov 18, 2020
Finite IT Recruitment Solutions
Sydney NSW, Australia
Back End Software Engineer
- Senior Cloud Administrator
- Initial 3 Month Contract, with a high chance of extension
- Daily Rate: $1,200
- CBD Location
You are the Senior Cloud administrator supporting the University’s cloud migration program. You have the knowledge of a highly experienced cloud architect with one big difference; You don’t just say how it’s done, you do it. This is a hands-on role that draws on your experience and delivers outcomes fast. You manage risk to deliver outcomes in a timely and secure manner and you are prepared to make decisions. You don’t wait to be told what needs to be done. You identify what’s required technically and lead and deliver.
Our new hybrid cloud consists of AWS, AZURE, and VMWARE (Private). You will drive technical decision making and be an implementer of functionality, services, and automation. You bring a wealth of knowledge, capability, and ideas as you work closely with the University’s ICT department and our managed services providers to accelerate the movement of 2500 workloads.
Experience and Skills
- A high standard of both written and verbal communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Excellent time management. A sense of urgency and ability to prioritise and know when to escalate.
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Demonstrated expertise and proven ability to plan, manage, and implement technical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, help negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts, and deliver solutions to the business.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of VMWARE at a Senior Level 10 years
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in AZURE and/or AWS > 4 years
- Relevant industry qualifications – AZURE, VMWARE, AWS
- Previous experience migrating applications from VMWARE to AZURE and/or AWS - Mandatory
- Practical experience implementing network and Security structures and controls
- Understanding of CIS security standards for Cloud and SOE.
- Proven ability to develop and implement automation in a cloud environment.
- Excellent scripting language capability – python or other
- Excellent Windows server and Linux experience
- Previous experience in software and/or application 3 tier deployment projects.
- Experience with System Change control and Change Request management procedures.
- Experience working within a large corporate or public-sector environment.