Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the design practice here at Xero
We have some really awesome humans in our design practice, working across Xero’s products internationally across New Zealand, Australia, the USA, Canada and the UK.
Our designers, design researchers are working on a global scale, so you’ll get to work on some really exciting projects. In many ways, we still have that start-up feel - customer-centric mentality, a culture of innovation, outside the box thinking and heaps of variety in our work. We’re a design-driven company and place a high value on making sure our products make a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of more than a million people around the world - this is where you come in!
What you’ll do:
- You will get to work on design problems from beginning to end – from concepting the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch
- You'll craft beautiful interfaces and care about the details at every step of the journey from concept to shipped code
- You’ll work closely with design researchers, product strategists, technical leads and developers
- You will present your ideas and rationale in conversations with others, and through prototypes, models and mockups
- You will not only improve what we build, but you will also contribute to how we go about doing it, better
- You’ll cultivate a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people our products are designed for
What we need from you:
- You’re an experienced product designer, accustomed to user-centered design methods and best practices
- Ideally product (Software as a service) design experience but we’ll still consider you if you have really strong design experience elsewhere
- You have a strong portfolio that exhibits a variety of UX and UI design work, with a strong visual aesthetic (which we’d love to see with your application)
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving environment, and you enjoy working closely with colleagues from all different backgrounds
- *Bonus points if you have planned and conducted user research, you have coding chops, and /or experience in animation or motion design
What you can look forward to
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you. Who says you can't have fun while you do the best work of your life?
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
**In order to be considered for this role you must submit a completed portfolio.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.