Who You Are:
Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help administer, manage and deploy cloud services to support our platform product as well as custom applications. The DevOps Engineer will assist the DevOps team in providing world class service to the different project teams around the globe. You must be self-motivated with exceptional planning, critical thinking, analytical and communication skills! Sound like you? Keep reading!!!
What You’ll Do:
- You will maintain existing highly available, secure build/test/deploy processes for IT infrastructure.
- You will maintain Amazon and Azure Cloud infrastructure for development, test, and production products including data management, publishing web services, and application development.
- You will administer servers by installing security patches, scripting database backup processes, and monitoring performance.
- You will work closely with IT to support best practices related to security, application optimization, business processes and issue resolutions.
- You will identify and develop process improvements and efficiencies.
- You will apply software development lifecycle methodology to ensure quality applications are designed, developed and delivered.
- You will attend daily standup meetings and report progress to the team.
What You Have:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in science, engineering or related field.
- You have experience administering Linux and Windows Servers.
- You have experience deploying and administering solutions in Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure.
- You have experience with common automation tools, such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, and Spinnaker.
- You are familiar with Docker.
- You have an understanding of SQL Server and PostgreSQL database configuration and administration.
- You have good communication skills and are able to work in a team environment.
- You have the ability to manage multiple tasks and perform work on time.
- You work well with geographically dispersed teams.
- You have experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Logstash, and Graylog.
- You have experience working in an agile development team environment using the scrum framework.
- You have experience in scripting languages, particularly Bash and Python.
- You have experience using JIRA, Confluence, or similar issue tracking software.
- You have a solid understanding of spatial domain (vector, imagery and LiDAR) and spatial data.
Great Benefits Package!!