- Secure your contract for the new year!
- Contract until the new financial year with potential extension
- NV1 security clearance
Our Client is seeking to engage a Solution Architect to join their cross-functional team, who have an innovative, enjoyable and productive culture around them.
The Solution Architect is expected to have a strong understanding of ICT architecture in government, and a background in solution architecture in large and complex projects is essential. The Solution Architect is responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilising expertise in architecture development methods, systems analysis and design.
This role will work closely with other solution architects across program work packages, program architects, business analysts, procurement specialists, IT Security and vendors to shape and inform the direction of ICT modernisation activities. As such, strong communication and stakeholder engagement and management skills are essential.
Key position responsibilities:
- Direct and govern the design of solution architectures to deliver specific Project outcomes
- Review solution architectures prepared by the Systems Integrators and Solution Providers
- Ensure solution architectures are fit for purpose and meet the business requirements.
- Liaise with Product Managers from other programs to ensure solution architectures are fit for purpose and meet the business need.
- Liaise with Solution Architects and the Future State Design Lead from the Projects and Tranche and Requirements Planning to align architectures and roadmaps.
- Liaising with vendors, ICT, security and system integrators in relation to technical design and/or delivery to facilitate Program outcomes.
- The development and/or review of technical documentation to support procurement, including participation in procurement evaluation activities.
- Specifying key solution components and platforms, giving consideration to functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Tailor the Open Group Architecture Forum (TOGAF) framework, methodologies, principles and techniques to facilitate architecture development within the Program.
- Undertake compliance assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated Experience working as a Solutions Architect inside complex and large-scale ICT projects/programs
- Expert knowledge and experience in defining solution architecture for both current and future state, including:
- Infrastructure Mapping
- Data Management
- Integration Mapping
- Proven ability to deliver solution architecture that meets business requirements and aligns with organisational constraints.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (i.e. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in ICT or a related field
- TOGAF 9 Certification.
- Professional IT certifications in one or more architecture domains (business, data, applications and technology).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks.
Australian Citizenship/Baseline Security clearance essential.