Get to know the Team:
We have Product Designer positions available across a range of Tech families. Each role has their own unique characteristics. The role(s) we would like to consider you for is dependant on availability, skills, and personality fit. We would love to have this opportunity to discuss this further with you!
Get to know the Role:
- You will collaborate daily with a diverse set of specialists, including UX designers, researchers, visual designers, product managers, product analysts, and business stakeholders to build great user experience which deliver business results.
- Work with relevant teams to ensure the feasibility of design.
- Research and analyse industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Turn data from market, industry trends, competitive analysis, and user experience research into user insights.
- Participate in user research and testing activities around the Southeast Asia region.
- Ensure all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/ archived appropriately.
The Day-to-Day Activities:
- Work on design-led projects to identify and tackle intrinsically hard problems involving multiple dependencies.
- Deliver artefacts that set the standard for design excellence, from ideation to prototypes to validate.
- Conduct & facilitate requirements, design, and implementation reviews and critiques of other people’s work to created achievable, measurable and impactful goals targets.
- Work with other project stakeholders to deliver the information architecture, user journey map and wireframe flow for new production projects.
- Work with visual designers, content writers, UX researchers to polish the wireframes into high-fidelity user interface for development.
- Planning and participating in ongoing usability testing and assessment.
- Conduct desk check of user interface during engineering development phase.
- Researching and analyzing industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Regular review of usage data to analyse user behaviour and pain points.
- Participating in key internal meetings including weekly status updates and planning sessions.
- Mentor and educate fellow designers especially on hard skills.
- Online portfolio with a range of interactive samples.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct experience in product design.
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for the web, mobile, or touch devices.
- Good eye for visual design and hands on experience in user interface design.
- Knowledge of the Tech space.
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Abstract, Zeplin, Jira, and Protopie or other design tools.
- Ability to prototype and demonstrate design concepts to extended stakeholders using Invision, Principle or Framer tools.
- Working knowledge of common mobile and front-end web development.
- Experience in service design, conducting user research thorough various methods, and abilities to translate research finding into tangible product feature requirements or improvements is a plus.
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.