About the role
This position enables EIM of group IT to achieve the following objectives:
- Design and implement applications on AWS platform.
- Migration and Replication of legacy database to Data Lake on AWS.
- Create optimal cloud architecture aligning with security and governance.
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software services.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements related to cloud infrastructure.
- Build the infrastructure required to manage cloud workloads working with a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other AWS and its partner technologies.
- Build optimal processes on AWS allowing to management security and governance across end-users and application integrations.
- Degree qualified in IT, Computer Systems, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in building applications on AWS.
- 2+ years of experience with any RDMS or Big Data.
- 2+ years of coding and scripting in Python, Scala is a must have.
- Knowledge in DevOps approach (CI/CD), Git, bash and JIRA.
- Experience with networking and VPC on a complex cloud environment.
- AWS Cloud Management
- AWS Ec2, ELB, EBS, Autoscaling, lambda etc.
- AWS Storage S3, Glacier.
- AWS Security like KMS, RAM, ACM, IAM, etc.
- SSO, MFA CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch and RDS
- Shell scripting, SQL, NO SQL
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
Optus is a place where we let you, do you? Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.