Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Technical Project Manager (TPM) to join our AWS Corporate Security Response team. Reporting to the Global Corporate Security Response Lead, you will work as a leader in a team of talented and energetic security professionals responsible for detecting, analyzing and responding to information security threats across Amazon, as a part of a global, follow-the-sun corporate security response team.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of technical knowledge, security fundamentals, security response or operations experience, and program management. We are looking for leaders who like to solve problems, and remove obstacles. A successful candidate is one who enjoys working directly with security engineers to understand their scenarios, and design and deliver security systems and solutions that enable them to operate more effectively. You will design and build tooling, drive process improvements and work with other teams and cutting-edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges. You will be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will influence diverse teams, and be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust with engineers and senior leaders.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of industry experience in the technology sector, with a record of successful delivery of software systems as an individual/team leader and technical contributor
· 3+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
· 3+ years of experience in a role that focuses on IT security (operations, response, threat intelligence, application security, etc).
· Experience with security incident response processes, tools, techniques and strategies especially
SOAR, SIEM, EDR and related security response technologies.
· Experience leading technical security teams in large IT environments.
· Experience generating and analyzing metrics with QuickSight, Tableau, Microsoft Business, or similar analysis software to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Familiarity with the AWS service catalog. Ideally, you have used AWS services in a production capacity or have experimented with our services on your own.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.