Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 380 family members both locally and internationally. With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2021.
At Versent, a Technical Business Analyst is responsible for identifying, documenting, communicating project requirements across business, technology and user aspects of each client project, acting within Versent guidelines and Statement of Work parameters to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Technical Business Analyst will act as a key business and technical intelligence representative in Versent engagements, to capture and communicate issues and risks. They foster a collaborative environment, ensuring all those within the customers organisation and beyond who feel that they have the ability and means to contribute to user, business and technology requirements can contribute.
Responsibilities will include:
- Process developing: Preparing and communicating the business process, create clear and concise documented artefacts/outcomes, communicate findings
- Process management: Coordinate stakeholders and team to deliver against project timelines and constraints captured during Client meetings
- RAID management: Identify, track and communicate Risks, Actions, Issues and Dependencies immediately and diligently to appropriate stakeholders
- Work with our executive level clients and key stakeholders to define all required problems and requirements across user, technology and business to best-practice standards
- Workshop support: Work with key stakeholders to define business, technology and user requirements the highest quality standard
- Communicate requirements: Translate user, business and technical requirements in the form of written business rules, logic/functional specifications and high-quality presentations that can be distributed across the rest of the business
- Documentation: Highest quality documentation of business, user and technology requirements and process documentation that can be easily followed and used by the team and client
- Understanding the domain of their delivery to inform both the delivery team and the customer to make the decisions that supports the outcome and strategic transformation, educating the customer on what the ongoing requirements of a successful implementation entails
- Stakeholder interviews: Formally and professionally prepare for, schedule, undertake, document and share findings back to key stakeholders
- Requirements gathering: Engage key stakeholder, users and team to identity, document and appropriately share findings.
Experience required for the role:
- Great experience in delivering results and meeting customer expectations; focusing on customer needs and satisfaction by setting high standards for quality & quantity, monitoring & maintaining the upkeep of nominated documentation and reporting tools, working systematically & consistently achieving project goals
- Relating and networking; establishes good relationships with customers and staff; build effective external networks; relates to people of all levels and manages conflict effectively
- Persuading and influencing; projects credibility; gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Formulating strategies and concepts; work strategically to realise organisational goals and take into account a wide range of issues across and related to the organisation
- Adapting and responding to change; adapts to changing circumstances, dealing with ambiguity and adapting self to different people or situations; ability to 'think on your feet'
At the core of what we do, we're an engineering company. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are monthly social events, regular lunch time tech-talks and both family and Versent Christmas parties.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. We have monthly social events to bring everyone together, often supporting charity initiatives such as TourXOz and RUOK Day. We're supportive of bringing both kids and dogs into the office (which makes it a bit more lively!) and have a flexible work environment.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.