Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 380 family members both locally and internationally. With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2021.
The Principal Engineer role is technology focused and outcome driven, with the aim of providing deep technical expertise for the engineering teams to produce a coherent technology platform. Connecting Versent’s mission to deliver to customers through technical leadership by being the connector from the engineering team to the delivery stakeholders.
Full engineering accountability across architecture, design and quality control is expected in this role, with the aim of creating a solution that meets the customer requirements and solution that is implemented to industry and Versent standards.
The Principal Engineer is knowledgeable around at least one of Versent’s go-to-market domains and are an expert in this space. They use this knowledge to shape the Customers outcomes and approach to the transformation.
To be successful, you will have:
- Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction by setting high standards for quality and quantity, monitoring and maintaining productivity, working systematically and consistently achieving project goals
- Establishing good relationships with customers and staff; building effective external networks. Relates to people of all levels and manages conflict effectively
- Leading, coaching, developing and mentor employees; setting clear performance measures and goals
- Projects credibility; gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading , convincing and negotiating
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise and shares knowledge with others
- Analyses information for greater understanding of a problem to provide workable solutions and make rational judgements to a problem
- Work strategically to realise organisational goals and take into account a wide range of issues across and related to the organisation
- Make prompt, clear decisions taking responsibility for actions, people and projects - initiating and leading activity
- Excellent communication skills; strong presentation skills and the ability to produce quality written documents
- Technical engineering competence; to deliver production grade outcomes in a team
At the core of what we do, we're an engineering company. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are monthly social events, regular lunch time tech-talks and both family and Versent Christmas parties.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. We have monthly social events to bring everyone together, often supporting charity initiatives such as TourXOz and RUOK Day. We're supportive of bringing both kids and dogs into the office (which makes it a bit more lively!) and have a flexible work environment.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.