Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
You will join the team responsible for building and supporting MYOB's observability platform, providing tools and services for logging, tracing, monitoring, and alerting. Our platform helps MYOB's growing engineering team to improve their ability to deliver products faster, securely, reduce failures and decrease time to resolution.
As a Senior member of the team, you will lead initiatives to improve the observability of our systems through evaluating commercial and open source solutions, crafting and implementing tools. You will support, teach, and mentor our engineering teams in observability best practises, helping them tackle their trickiest problems, whilst supporting and maintaining the tools within our platform.
We are passionate about making a difference to our developers, continually improving our clients experiences using our products, by providing a simple and comprehensive platform for observability needs.
If you are excited by the idea of being part of a team dedicated to championing improvement and want to join us on our journey, we would love to hear from you.
What we like to see in you
- You’re a hardworking DevOps engineer with 5+ year’s experience.
- Good understanding of SDLC principles and methodologies including Agile, Lean, Kanban, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Comfortable with a range of software development languages, scripting languages and tools such as but not limited to Go, Bash, or C#.
- Developing and running cloud systems or other distributed systems at scale.
- Linux, containerisation (Docker) and infrastructure as code skills.
- Experience in centralised logging tools. e.g. Sumo Logic, Elastic Search/Kibana or Splunk, and any monitoring and alerting systems (New Relic, Cloud Watch).
- Mentoring, pairing, and sharing knowledge with fellow developers to uplift development practises.
- Ability to effectively multitask and context switch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn and improve.
It would be a bonus if you have knowledge of
- Distributed tracing tools/patterns (Zipkin, Jaeger, OpenTracing, OpenCensus or AWS XRay).
- Prometheus, Kubernetes.
- Vendor management.
Have a DevOps “Build it, run it” attitude with an understanding of both development and operations.
What else do you need to know
We simplify, we collaborate, we find new ways to innovate, we set challenging goals, and we smash them. We always look to have an impact in what we do. You will be part of a high performing, collaborative team who take their work seriously but not themselves. We believe that ongoing learning is important for all professionals and you'll be encouraged to take advantage of development opportunities.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.