Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and redefining conventions - in the work that we do, and in the way that we work. We are committed to a forward-thinking, flexible employee experience for all team members, and have crafted a culture where you can be yourself. When we look at cultural fit, we aren't looking for you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture - we want you to come and add your flavour to it, and make it even better.
Are you ready?
We are searching for a highly-motivated Senior Quality Analyst for one of our back-office systems teams to coach and ensure high-quality delivery for this team. In this role, you will use your outstanding technical, analytical, and communication skills to lead the way in continuously improving quality foundations with a focus on automation and building quality into the delivery process. You will play a pivotal role in providing strong guidance on best practice test automation and consistently advocating for a Shift-Left mentality. You will help drive teams to think about risks, identify defects as well as challenge and voice opinions, that will make a huge difference to the continuous development of various products and systems. You will provide key input on the technical roadmap, identifying components and possible issues that could impede the execution of plans and work with crews to formulate creative solutions for tackling these issues before they become bottlenecks.
We are a diverse bunch in the Platforms function with a technology remit that is vast, varied, results-oriented, and ripe for teams to excel. We strive for product and technical excellence, and are dedicated to delivering value to our customers frequently. Within Platforms, our Billing and Invoicing capabilities are built on varied technologies, including Java, Scala, and the node and React JS frameworks. No two days are the same. We embrace change as the new normal, and we consistently seek, new ideas, constant collaboration, and a design-to-retire mentality. We step up to our challenges and back ourselves to deliver outstanding outcomes all of the time. We stay the course, relentlessly driving towards our technological lights on the hill.
What you will bring
• Extensive experience working as a Senior Quality Analyst within a variety of delivery teams and contexts
• Fundamental quality principles such as Test Pyramid, TDD, BDD and DDD are your bread and butter
• A differentiated level of clarity when talking about the behaviours required to accurately practice things like CI/CD
• Experience running workshops, facilitating discussions both within and outside of QA community
• Able to clearly articulate quality outcomes and the need for them
• Demonstrable experience with wide range of software quality dimensions such as Functional, Performance, Scalability, Reliability etc.
• Deep understanding of SDLC principles and the software development lifecycle including agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Lean
• Extensive experience with automation tools and an ability to recommend the best tooling to use within greenfield projects
• A history in mentoring and coaching team members to engender a ‘bake quality in’ culture via actively pairing with team members and presenting at brown bag/lunch & learn sessions
• A passion to maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and practices
Want to learn more? Apply now! We look forward to meeting you!