Who are we?
We are a tech company that exists to help other businesses succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
You’ll be part of a Delivery team responsible for building innovative products that help businesses become more successful. With the latest tech at our disposal and an agile mentality, we’re empowered to experiment, play and really make a difference.
With a strong emphasis on learning and experimentation, we use modern technologies to deliver experiences that delight our customers. Everything we deliver is an opportunity to do things better than the last time, from the processes and tools we use to the way we build and deploy.
The team and role:
Come and join a collaborative, agile and multi-functional team, working with developers, architects and leadership to deliver moments that matter to prospective MYOB customers!
As a Principal Developer, you will utilise the hard won technical skills you have built over many teams, environments and years of experience. Your ability to design and deliver quality software, to transform our online deployment and production management, ensure teams are building towards a technical and product vision, and help produce awesome business outcomes for our clients will be highly valued and celebrated.
Play a pivotal role in developing teams and mentoring them towards success. Spread new beliefs learnt from leading publications and conferences, as well as principles and practices, helping transform teams from the inside out. You are a master craftsman at heart and will contribute to creating a phenomenal team culture by role modelling a collaborative approach to working with team members, offering leadership, encouragement, mentoring and guidance to not only Developers, but the MYOB engineering community as well.
What we'd like to see in you
- Technical leadership and the drive to communicate ideas, processes and practices clearly
- Mentoring skills that enable you to coach and improve technical, analytical and collaborative skills
- An ability to deliver well-designed, high quality, best practice solutions
- Pragmatism to balance short term delivery focus with longer term objectives
- A technical leader that encourages and enables a culture of software engineering excellence within our company
- A growth mindset and the dedication to continuously improve personal and team processes, policies and performance
- A focus on fast feedback, evolving design and task automation
- Contributions to the team culture, the ways of working, and the outcomes we achieve together
- Drive the practice of cutting edge techniques such as Lean, Agile, Automated testing, CI/CD and cloud based hosting.
If working and collaborating where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference is important, you need to work at MYOB. We look forward to meeting you. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at our company.