The primary role of the Project Architect is to craft the solution architecture for Core Systems (CS) led Programs/ Projects and oversee all design aspects of the development and delivery of the CS systems.
This role reports into the Associate Director, Config Services & Delivery and will be responsible for new development and enhancements to the applications within the CTS, alignment of solutions across other IT domains and ensuring their end-to-end operability in accordance with SingTel/Optus IT’s strategic standards.
The Solution Architect - Salesforce is required to have a detailed understanding of enterprise as well as CS domain strategy and ensure that the CS projects conform to these roadmaps. A Project Architect will also be required to provide a mentor role for solution designers within the domain. This role is particularly focused on the Salesforce Platform and will drive the adoption and strategic focus for this platform.
- Craft and develop the E2E Solution Salesforce Architecture and ensure it is aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Oversee all Salesforce solution architecture aspects of the development and delivery of the program
- Review requirements and ensures system functionalities & capabilities are future proofed and extensible
- Ensure alignment with Optus standards and industry best practice on cyber security and operational resilience
- Translate the business requirements/processes into system qualities and hence into high level application component/interface design specifications and strategies
- Compiles & design architecture models for CS that includes a decomposition of the system into separate modules along with rules that enables these clean decomposition so that individual modules may be defined and built by specialists in their specific fields
- Manage dependencies between application components (within and external to CS) design
- Analyse impact of change requests, including recommendations
- Sets design goals and review application designs
- Ensure quality of design and operational control characteristics
- Establish volumetric requirements and performance goals; ensure design meets the requirements and goals set
- Governs and reviews data schema for CS, including design guidelines relating to data reuse & balancing the need for centralisation and replication
- Establish transition architecture for migration period
- Act as key member of the ARB (Architecture Review Board)
- Participate in drafting of Service Level Agreements post implementation
- Balances quality issues, cost, robustness demands and constraints
- Making sure the architecture is not only right for operations but also for deployment and sustainment; ensure that the new system is built in a way that ensures functional requirements are met whilst also ensure that service qualities (performance, scalability, extensibility, etc) for now and the future are achievable.
- Manage risk identification and mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Document the architecture decisions and communicate to key stakeholders, making sure that management understands the architecture
- Ensure Key KPIs are met
- Work autonomously
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field
- Current salesforce Certified Application Architect or Certified System Architect
- Large-Scale Architecture Design (3years+)
- Large Enterprise IT Solution Design and Architecture experience (8years+)
- Telecommunications (or similar industry) experience (5years+)
- Experience with SDLC process
- Waterfall and Agile Delivery methodologies
- Development experience with Apex, Visual Force Pages, API REST integration, Triggers, Eclipse IDE, Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL)
- Software / Application Architecture, Design & Development
- Mastering of one or more architecture and design area – business model/process, application, data, integration (SOA), infrastructure
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.