The Business Analyst will support the Data delivery stream in this large Federal Government agency.
Your new company
This established Federal Government agency delivers critical services across a diverse range of industry sectors that affect all Australians. They are currently undergoing a comprehensive rebuild of their IT systems and applications, focusing on addressing security and resilience risks.Your new role
The Business Analyst will work in the Data delivery stream of this large complex technology transformation. You will have experience in eliciting information across a diverse group of both technical and non-technical stakeholders, have an ability to grasp new concepts quickly, be able to distil complex information and document requirements, both functional and non-functional to support project delivery. You will be defining requirements for a large-scale enterprise data platform, data management and data service capability. Duties include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Providing services to the delivery stream projects, including elicitation and management of requirements, to support project delivery.
- Ensuring BA deliverables align to the standards and expectations set by the BA Capability team.
- Contributing to the alignment of the Data stream with other delivery streams and ensuring consistency with BA outcomes.
- Proactively identify dependencies, risks and issues for the Project, and manage dependencies, risks or issues allocated to them aligned to the agreed framework.
- Proactively identify insights that help stakeholders achieve their objectives and improve products and services.
- Supporting continuous improvement and working with the BA Capability team to implement improvement initiatives.
What you'll get in return
- Strong BA skills including elicitation for functional and non-functional requirements, requirements management and traceability.
- Fluency in the language of both business and technology as it pertains to data platforms (e.g. Gridded, Time series, Geospatial data, database technologies, data quality measures & metrics)
- Experience with data lifecycles, and usage/behaviour and familiarity with the types of events generally tracked and reported
- Experience setting up data capabilities in a greenfield environment.
- Strong experience working on data platforms for organisations that have distributed data collection points using a variety of equipment, and complex data processing needs.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to flex style and approach.
- Pragmatic, flexible, self-aware, resilient, proactive and results driven.
- Experience managing requirements via Microfocus ALM/Quality Centre or Atlassian JIRA tools.
- You will be an Australian citizen who is able to apply for baseline security clearance.
Initial contract to June 2021 with 6-month extension options. Attractive day rate and the ability to work in a role delivering a key project which will have a major impact on all areas of the agency.