Our client is a NSW Government Department, we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to lead the hands on analysis of attendance and suspension data to find insights that will assist in making improvements to the department's system. They have an initial contract until the 30th June 2021, with the potential to extend beyond the initial contract.
You will be working with key business stakeholders, SMEs and the Analytics technical teams to ensure consistent use of the data outside of the team and will provide the Director of the unit with input to policies that align with the Department's data quality and collection expectations.
About the role:
In this role you would be:
- Provide coaching to Data Consumers on processes, systems and reporting solutions to build awareness and confidence in the department's data
- Lead the requirements facilitation for the Directorate with a diverse range of teams across the department
- Undertake data analysis to advise the Directorate on the feasibility of meeting data requirements, including making recommendations to collection and policy to enhance future capability
- Develop high quality and timely documentation and data dictionaries for various audiences, including governance groups
- Work closely with other teams to ensure that BI deliverables continuously align with their requirements
- Provide responsive, effective, accurate and timely advice to senior managers and report regularly on progress and achievements
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated expertise in business intelligence and big data, with strong data analytical and advanced technical skills (including Power BI modelling, report builder, power query M, DAX, performance tuning, SQL query writing)
- Strong stakeholder engagement and business analysis skills, including interpreting requirements into data modelling and analysis
- Knowledge of and commitment to the department's Aboriginal education policies
- Willing to undergo a Working with Children Check
Please note: It is a requirement for this role that the suitable candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.