Singapore, SG, 68804
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Sophos, a global security software company, is in search of a seasoned commercial counsel to join our fast-moving, collaborative, and global legal team. This attorney will be responsible for a wide variety of complex commercial agreements and matters for the company on a domestic and international scale.
Skills & Experience
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret end user, distributor, reseller, managed service provider, OEM, master subscription, professional services and other types of complex outbound agreements with customers, channel partners, and other third parties in support of the global sales organization, for cloud/SaaS, on-premise software and hardware products.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a wide variety of complex inbound agreements in compliance with company policies and risk tolerance, including supplier agreements, master services/subscription agreements, statements of work, software licensing agreements, hardware supply chain agreements, and supporting documents relating to the procurement of various goods and services (e.g. IT, product infrastructure, marketing, etc.).
- Collaborate with product counsel and business groups to provide support and guidance regarding sales programs and go-to-market programmatic issues, including the development and implementation of new programs, offerings, and business initiatives.
- Create, maintain and contribute to legal templates and playbooks relating to the above areas.
- Advise on marketing and customer outreach activities to ensure consistency with applicable law and company policies and procedures.
- Issue spot and advise on legal matters relevant to the business, including licensing/intellectual property rights and competition law.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure agreements and guidance for the business are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Assist in developing training materials and provide training to the business on relevant topics such as the contracting process or key terms.
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal/commercial contract advice directly to management, finance, and other company departments on legal issues and risks, procedures and negotiation strategies, and contracts and deal structures.
- Negotiate and resolve commercial disputes in a pragmatic way.
- Help manage threatened and pending litigation and third-party discovery requests, in coordination with outside counsel when required.
- Handle special projects as requested.
- Admitted to practice law in Singapore.
- 10+ years combined experience in well-regarded law firm and/or in-house legal department. Prior in-house legal experience with a global high-tech company is essential.
- 7-10 years drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a technology focus.
- Ability to translate technical knowledge into practical, solutions-oriented advice that appropriately balances legal risks with business needs.
- Ability to lead and work on departmental projects as needed.
- Ability to collaborate on multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent legal and business judgment.
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision but capable of recognizing the need for internal escalation and guidance where warranted.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients.
- Prior experience managing threatened and pending litigation and third-party discovery is a plus
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal
manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
At Sophos, we want every organization to be protected by innovative, next-generation IT security, even those who don't have a huge IT staff. We protect organizations of all sizes, all around the world by making enterprise-grade security that is simple to deploy, manage, and use. It is our passion, and something we are truly proud of.