Primary purpose of the role
Develop solution architectures and undertake engineering activities that support the delivery of end user services used by more than 33,000 end users across the government.
- Produce end user solution architecture designs that drive efficiency through automation and align with strategy, reference architectures, technology roadmaps and patterns.
- Undertake engineering activities to iteratively enhance technology services. Establish and incubate proof of concepts in the spirit of test and learn and fail fast.
- Provide quick and accurate cost estimation for project engagements.
- Work as a technical SME on multiple projects using both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Drive awareness of and integration of services using standard consumption patterns.
- Support the development of technology services that automate service delivery and request fulfilment
- Foster effective relationships with business stakeholders, and deliver technology outcomes that provide business value
- Manage third party supplier implementations of target state architecture and designs in a quality assurance capacity
- Complex technology environment with a mix of heritage and strategic systems in place.
- Balancing cluster wide strategic technology goals with those of individual Agencies within the cluster.
- Extensive technical expertise in: Microsoft Windows operating systems, Active Directory and LDAP, Group Policy, SCCM, Intune, Office 365, Azure Active Directory, desktop/laptop hardware.
- Experience in client operating system build automation, PowerShell, cloud application delivery, identity management in Active Directory.
- Prior experience with strategy and architecture development, ideally in the end user domain
- Demonstrable executive stakeholder management skills including diplomacy, influencing and negotiation along with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Broad experience in managing third party supplier implementations of target state architecture and designs in a quality assurance capacity
- Knowledge of security controls, and how they can be applied in enterprise environments to create balanced position between security and user experience